Sunday 11 March 2012

11th March 2012 update

Where I am at.

I've stopped looking at "new" old memories, as I feel I may overwhelm everyone, and its starting to bring things up from the past that I would rather forget. So there will be a lack of photos for the foreseeable future. However I have started to think along the lines of what I could do as my final submisson. The ideas coming out of the group have been facinating, people talking about how to distort their memories, this had me thinking about how this could be achived, as I don't want to copy others ideas, as that would be unfair. I showed a link a few days ago which highlighted the work of Nam-Sang Park, It got me pondering the idea to use the idea of showing shadows and unclear objects in my final selection, I have to be careful however as I'm using the same kind of idea for my main study project, I'm hoping that the content that will be showed "distorted" will be so different that it can veiwed on its own merit and not linked together.

So how could I use this idea?

I had the concept to reshoot what I could remember from my accident which I went into great detial about last week, and the gaps that my memory doesn't know, I could take the clues from the conversation I had with my mum and distort them, so they are barley visable someway. I have alot of logistical planning to do, and also overcoming my fear of going into a park where cricketers are playing. Plus, trying to shoot a hospital or ambulance could prove to be difficult, i might have to use my imagination on that one.... tbc.




And now for something completely different..

I found and intresting article realating to false memories, and how people can be maipulated into thinking that something else had happened when in actually fact it hadn't.

http://www.mccc.edu/~jenningh/Courses/documents/PSY101_journalpacket_2008_000.pdf

Our minds are very delicate things, and as humans we soak up so much information on a daily basis its not suprising that our memories get muddled some more then others., especially mine. Being a busy mum, I have almost have to have seperate compartments in my brain to store and an retrive information dependent on what i need to remember, appts, deadlines, shopping, bills, etc..... (my son came up with the concept some years ago, not in the same context however and I now understand what he was talking about).

Lists and more lists, that it my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment