Sunday 5 February 2012

Hey guys

So this is the 1st blog for the project, i'm hoping to add to it each day . But with the last blog it fell a bit flat, heres hoping though.

I started this breif with the memory of when I became a mum for the 1st time, i showed simon the photos i had taken of the memtos from my sons birth, photos, birth certificate, medical id tag etc.

I have tried to put some photos on here, but its not working so will post them in the groups page....
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=oa.312851958761514&type=1

. i also talked about the memory book i created when i was 16 documenting moments that meant something to me starting from my own birth in the hope when im old and grey and losing my mind, it will help keep me with it for a bit longer. See later blogs

My next memory i will explore will be my daughters birth, these by far are the best moments in my life so far, so the hold the most presents in my mind. Other memories i hope to explore are, my accident, school days, holidays. etc..

I'm also going to be researching the ideas of memories, and will be looking at the work of Larry Towell, his book my front porch, (which was awarded to me by bath spa university for my studentship last year) his images link closly to my own work, documenting his family and objects throughout his life it is a beuitful book, and i will be bringing it long to class for others to enjoy.

So thats where I am right now


Some background info on Larry Towell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Towell

some examples from the book
http://www.bulgergallery.com/dynamic/fr_artist.asp?ArtistID=15&Body=The World from My Front Porch



Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment