Wednesday 18 April 2012

What I have so far.






I'm now at a point with this project where I am close to it ending, I still feel there is tweaking to be done, namely 1 shot still needs to be done, and it feels there needs to be an image between the last 2 shots. Something to ponder over the next few days.

I have put the images I have so far in sequence and how they will sit on the pdf presentation,
So as a refresher I will explain my methodolgy for the choice of images.

When I was 7 years old, I was walking through a park near to my home with my mother, baby sister and our black dog. I remember seeing the dog, my sister, and being in that space. (this is represented by the first 3 images, clean with no disstoration as I remember them clearly)
The next thing I remember is seing moving patterns (the type you get when you have pressure in your head)
I was unaware that I had been hit directly in the temperal lobe by a cricket ball coming of the bat.

Over the next 3 days I remember nothing, I have filled in the gaps by having conversations with those that were there, and have tried to represent them as best I can, and to give the impression of the foggyness or complete lack of thought, I have used blur, wether in camera using appature or speed control to gain the required effect, or in post production. These are shown in context of, the wickets, being given a balloon at the scene, going to hospital.

The final image represents the end memory of being given a care bear by the men who were playing cricket and had hit the ball. I had no idea who they were.

I wanted to get the same effect I had of the patterns and confusion after the impact. I have been playing with frame and fade lengths in lightroom to try and recreate that. especially after the pattern shot.
Each of these images show a different point in time or space, but are linked in my memory as one memory, that appears in flashes. The images have started to act as triggers already as I have thought about how to link them to each key element in the story. I have learnt far more about this event through developing the idea, then I had known prevoius, so has been more useful then I thought possible when I started out in Febuary.

Its very close to being finished now, and I still have a few weeks left, so after this post I have decided that I will not look at this project again for a few days, so I can view it again fresh, and hopefully know when I can shoot the final shot.


Still images










No comments:

Post a Comment